On The Road

On The Road
Dutch Star and Subaru ready to go

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 7 on the trip to Ottawa

The last effects of Hurricane Irene made us change plans today as the wind started to increase as we drove through Toronto. By the time we got east to about Kingston, Ontario (only 130 miles from Ottawa) the wind tried to blow us off the highway several times.
There are a number of large rest areas along highway 401 in Ontario and we pulled into one just after lunch and decided to stay here the rest of the day. As the wind didn't calm down until about 6:00pm and the weather is forcasting rain for later tonight, we decided to stay the night and continue on to Ottawa tomorrow in nicer weather.